Our experts have tested the top best mini sewing machine. Due to this, we have drawn a review and comparison 2021 so that you can make an easy choice for the best model for your sewing project.
Most people would love to wear customized clothes since they boost your confidence and are unique. It is vital to get good sewing that will meet your needs. A mini sewing machine is convenient, easy to use, handheld, and doesn’t take much space.
If you’re searching for the Top best mini sewing machine, you’ll be amazed by the many brands on the market. The reason for this being, these machines are very popular around the globe. Hence, many brands compete to offer only the best. We’ve made the selection easy for you since we’ve rounded up the top pick. Let’s get started right away!
- Best Mini Sewing Machine Summary
- 1. SINGER Start 1304
- 2. Varmax Mini Sewing Machine with Extension Table
- 3. KPCB Mini Sewing Machine With Upgraded Eco-Friendly Material
- 4. Brother- GX37 Sewing Machine
- Product Specs
- 5. Singer/M3500 Sewing Machine
- 6. Magicfly Mini Sewing Machine
- 7. Sew Mighty Mini Sewing Machine
- 8. MICHLEY LSS Sewing Machine
- 9. Brother XM-2701 Sewing Machine
- 10. Varmax Sewing Machine
- 11. HAITRAL Mini Sewing Machine
- 12. DONYER Sewing Machine
- 13. IRIS GEMMA Sewing Machine
- 14. PDJW Mini Sewing Machine
- 15. BTY Sewing Machine
- 16. Janome Sewing Machine
- Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Mini Sewing Machine
- Best Mini Sewing Machine – Additional Information
- FAQs on Best Mini Sewing machine
- Final Words on Best Mini Sewing Machine
Best Mini Sewing Machine Summary
- Best Choice – Singer Start 1304
The Singer Start 1304 is our top pick and the best choice for beginners. It has built-in stitches, and this offers you a wide selection. This machine features a compact design and thus doesn’t occupy a lot of space in your work area. Accordingly, it’s not bulky nor heavy and, therefore, a convenient choice for use at home and away.
- Best Mini Sewing Machine for Convenience- Varmax Mini
Varmax mini is the most convenient machine since it comes fitted with an extension table that increases the work area. Hence, this allows for flexibility when stitching. Additionally, it’s lightweight, and if you’re traveling, you can squeeze it in your trunk.
- Best Mini Sewing Machine for Beginners-KPCB
KPCB is the best choice for beginners since it’s easy to use. Moreover, the instructions are simple and straightforward. We highly recommend for parents looking for a sewing machine for their children. It is also suitable for learners in a sewing class since it can fit in a small bag for portability.
- Best Mini Sewing Machine for Denim-Singer M3500
We recommend this small singer sewing machine, which is a versatile machine for a wide variety of tasks such as embroidery and decorative stitches. It’s the best option for denim, canvas, and other heavy-duty stitching.
- Best Mini Sewing Machine for Value- Brother XM 2701
Brother XM 2701 is a high-quality machine that will serve your sewing needs for many years. It has 25 years’ warranty, and this gives you the confidence to shop. Besides, if you’re on a budget, this machine is a money saver.
1. SINGER Start 1304
For a beginner or a learner, you need a sewing machine that is easy to operate and portable to carry around in classrooms. We recommend Singer Start 1304 as the best sewing machine for beginners.
This singer mini sewing machine has 57 stitch applications for sewing, which simplifies your work start your sewing. This single 110-volt machine can produce consistent and perfectly finished buttonholes. Besides, you can select the suitable stitches from its simplified stitch selection depending on your needs.
It has automatic bobbins that are easy to feed thread, and once full, it automatically turns off. Finally, it comes with accessories such as the all-purpose foot, zipper, button feet, and more.
|Dimensions||13 x 7 x 11.5 inches|
|Power requirements||100 voltage|
- Ideal for learners due to the lightweight. Hence easy to move around with
- Easy to use and thus a beginner will not have a problem starting out
- Made of high-quality material, which makes it durable
- Versatile machine that can sew different types of garments
- It’s an expensive machine than most options on the market.
2. Varmax Mini Sewing Machine with Extension Table
Varmax Mini is a mini sewing machine with an extension table that makes it convenient for your tasks. It’s compact, lightweight, and convenient when traveling. The machine is affordable and a budget option for many people.
Further, it has a built-in lamp to facilitate your sewing job. It also features a cuff slot and a thread cutter, enabling you to cut the thread when sewing is over easily. You can rewind the bobbins easily on the winding pole, and it produces straight line stitches and neat work.
This versatile machine is the best sewing machine for denim. It is suitable for soft to hard garments such as denim, canvas, and heavy-duty fabrics. It’s one of the best compact sewing machines and comes with all accessories for convenient sewing.
|Dimensions||6.9 x 3.5 x 8.6 inches|
- It features an expandable table, and this makes it extendable
- Affordable and a great choice for home DIY enthusiasts
- Easy to use, even a child can operate it
- It’s compact and will fit in your small space
- Suitable for straight stitching only
3. KPCB Mini Sewing Machine With Upgraded Eco-Friendly Material
Training kids sewing skills keeps them busy and inspires a sense of responsibility at an early age. KPCB mini sewing is the best mini sewing machine for you and your kids. It’s suitable for learners in a sewing class, and its compact design makes it a portable sewing machine.
This small sewing machine features one straight line stitching for simple sewing and less fanciful designs. It’s made of eco-friendly material and supports electrical and battery power supply.
KPCB sewing machine is easy to use. Simply press the foot pedal or button to start stitching. It’s a versatile tool that can work on different garments such as denim, canvas, and silk. Equally, it’s compatible with different types of needles such as 7a5/11,10/16, and 80/12.
To conclude, it features a built-in thread cutter, and to rewind the bobbin is simply following the manual.
|Dimensions||8.6 x 3.5 x 6.9 inches|
- Friendly to the environment thanks to the eco-friendly materials
- Suitable for campers and people on the go due to the small size
- It’s reasonably priced yet highly-durable
- Easy to use and child friendly
- Stitching is limited to a straight line only
- It doesn’t have fanciful stitches, and this limits creativity
4. Brother- GX37 Sewing Machine
Brother GX37 is a sleek-sized tool designed to meet your sewing demands. It’s full of features, which include 37 built-in stitches such as zigzag, decorative, and auto-size buttonhole.
Further, the package has lots of accessories, including blind stitch & narrow hemmer feet, twin needles, and more.
This versatile machine comes fitted with an automatic needle threader that pushes the thread effortlessly. The drop-in bobbin is jam-resistant for smooth and perfect sewing.
For the price, this tool comes with a metal casing that guarantees durability.
|Dimensions||18 x 17 x 16 inches|
- It has an automatic needle that makes it easy to push the thread
- The design incorporates a metal casing for durability
- It has a jam-resistant drop-in bobbin for smooth sewing
- The machine is packed with features for an easy start
- There is no mention of a warranty, and this leads to uncertainty when purchasing.
5. Singer/M3500 Sewing Machine
Singer M3500 is a versatile machine for a wide variety of tasks such as embroidery and decorative stitches. It’s a durable machine for beginners. It’s also one of the best sewing machine for advanced sewers.
This machine has 110 stitch applications allowing a greater choice for your basic sewing needs. Another feature is the built-in needle threader for an easy and faster start.
As the best commercial embroidery machine, you can sew different fabric types, like sheer and denim. Furthermore, you can customize stitches to suit your preference.
Additionally, it has other features that boost its performance, such as the four presser feet, front-loading bobbin, automatic one-step buttonhole, and easy stitch selection. Impressively, it can sew reverse stitches that prevent the seam from unraveling.
|Dimensions||15.16 x 7.35 x 10.9 inches|
|Color||White and Purple|
- Whether you have a tough or soft garment, the machine is multi-use
- Allows users to customize their sewing
- The machine can sew reverse stitches, which works well with seams
- It has a built-in needle threader, which quickens the start process
- It comes at a higher price tag
6. Magicfly Mini Sewing Machine
Magicfly mini sewing machine is a multi-purpose tool for all your sewing needs. It doesn’t cost much and is suitable for beginners, home use, and travel thanks to the compactness and lightweight. It’s the best embroidery machine for beginners for various tasks or projects.
This machine features solid construction that makes it durable and strong. It supports both AC/DC power and battery power sources wirelessly. Operation is a breeze by touching a button or foot pedal.
Magicfly has a double-thread design for strong stitches and ends without the need to knot the thread. We also need to mention that the kit includes 36 bobbins, five needles, a threader, one pair of scissors, and other useful items. Even better, there’s a bag organize for securing your tools.
|Dimensions||12 x 11 x 9.5 inches|
|Color||White and Purple|
- Suitable for strong stitches due to the double-thread design
- It’s lightweight and comes with a bag organizer for storing sewing tools
- It supports A/C and D/C power, and therefore you can use it at home or the workplace.
- Has an expandable table for convenience during sewing
- It has a weak top thread, and this can increase the cost of maintenance
7. Sew Mighty Mini Sewing Machine
Sew Mighty is one of the best mini sewing machine that can fit in a small bag for travel. Moreover, it doesn’t occupy a lot of space on your counter. This machine is child-friendly and is suitable for crafting small items like tools, outfits, and more. It’s easy to use and user-friendly.
As the best handheld sewing machine, it’s a money saver. You can also use it for other tailoring needs, such as clothes repairs. It uses AC or DC power and is battery-powered.
Other essential features include the built-in thread cutter, cuff notch, large bobbin spindle, and bobbin winder. It is easy to cuff and repair sleeves using this machine, and it’s simplified for easy use of children.
There are a couple of accessories, such as three threaded metal bobbins, two empty bobbins, and a replacement needle.
|Dimensions||10.5 x 9.5 x 6.4 inches|
|Color||Pink and white|
- It doesn’t cost much and thus a budget option for beginners and learners
- It boosts your child’s creativity for the reason that it’s user-friendly
- It has a bobbin winder feature for spreading the thread to form a pattern
- High quality and good value for money
- No extension table, and this limits its use to only small-medium sized projects.
8. MICHLEY LSS Sewing Machine
You can get an affordable machine when shopping for the best mini sewing machine for your home needs and training. Michley LSS – 505 is an easy home mini sewing machine and comes in a small size for your convenience.
It features two thread lockstitch and a replaceable presser foot. There’s also a magnetic bobbin that delivers easy bobbin threading. Other features include; a stainless rotary hook tip, a hand switch, and a startup foot pedal, making the machine user-friendly and easy to operate.
It also features reverse sewing, sleeve sewing, an automatic bobbin winder, and a two-speed operating system. The accessories list is endless and includes a built-in accessory storage drawer, sewing light, and a thread cutter.
|Dimensions||10.8 x 4.8 x 10.2 inches|
- The magnetic bobbin helps delivers the bobbin thread, thereby simplifying the stitching process.
- Multiple accessories eliminate the need to buy items and tools separately
- The built-in drawer is a plus feature for storing the sewing accessories
- Has a low rating on durability from several reviewers
9. Brother XM-2701 Sewing Machine
Brother XM 2701 is our next pick that can bind hems, do perfect buttonholes, and different types of stitches. It’s one of the best monogramming machines for most applications.
This machine offers 27 built-in stitches, which include blind hem, quilting stitches, and decorative stitches. It comes loaded with an automatic one-step button holder for the production of well-finished buttonholes.
It is the best long arm quilting machine that also features six quick-change sewing feet, buttonhole, zipper, zigzag, blind stitch, narrow hemmer, and many more. Best of all, you’ll have a wide variety of stitches to choose from to fit your demands.
The machine is easy to operate, and you’ll be happy to note that sewing cuffs, sleeves, and pant legs are easy due to the built-in free arm.
This brother model is designed for all users and is suitable for needle threading. It has a jam-resistant quick-set top drop-in bobbin and an automatic bobbin winding system making it user-friendly.
Accessories include a six sewing feet, three-piece needle set, a turn needle, four bobbins, and an instructional DVD and operating manual. Alongside the best iron for quilters, this machine will guarantee high-quality work.
|Dimensions||12.1 x 5.9 x 15.3 inches|
|Color||White with purple flowers|
- The automatic bobbin winding system makes it user-friendly
- It comes with a DVD and instruction manual hence its suitable for beginners
- It is a durable and premium quality machine that will last many sewing sessions
- Can stitch even the toughest garments.
- Despite the top-quality, it’s expensive
10. Varmax Sewing Machine
Varmax Sewing machine comes with a complete sewing kit for all sewing needs. The good news is that this is also compatible with 201 sewing machines, which is why it made our list as one of the best mini sewing machine.
In the sewing kit, there are 32 bobbins, a pair of scissors, five needles, a threader, and a thimble and seam ripper. This mini machine is equipped with a one-straight stitch design and is the right choice for beginners. Indeed, there is a startup video for beginners to allow for an easy start.
It has a foot controller and adapter for speed and efficacy. Similarly, you can use it to repair and sew different types of fabrics with ease. It is compact and lightweight, and affordable to go with a limited budget.
|Dimensions||10.07 x 8.97 x 7 inches|
|Color||White and purple|
- The foot controls help users adjust the speed
- For an easy start, the sewing kit has everything you need.
- It costs less, which is good news for beginners
- Compact and lightweight design makes it suitable for travelers
- Has only one straight line stitch application
11. HAITRAL Mini Sewing Machine
HAITRAL Mini sewing is designed with a 2-speed feature to enable young children and learners’ easy operation.
It is compact, lightweight, and exterior made of plastic, making it easy for children to carry around. Thus, it’s suitable while traveling.
This machine has a double switch to choose between a hand switch and a foot pedal to start it. It has two line designs that can produce high-quality work in all your projects and can stitch any material from soft silk to denim.
|Dimensions||7 x 8.5 x 3.5 inches|
|Color||White and purple|
- Double speed feature is suitable for beginners and children
- It’s a flexible machine due to the double switch design
- The two-line design lets you stitch different types of garments
- Compact design allows for easy travel
- The plastic exterior can break easily and is not durable.
12. DONYER Sewing Machine
Very few products can match the performance of DONYER mini machine. Other than the premium quality, it has a wide stitch selection. Therefore, you can do your embroidery and other fancy sewing works. For this reason, it’s the best embroidery thread brand that lets you craft designs and decorate fabrics.
If you’re a learner, you need a machine to carry in your bag for your stitching sessions. Fortunately, DONYER sewing machine is portable and comes with 12 built-in stitches to suit your demands. It’s a good tool during travel and can sew many types of fabrics, pattern stitching, lock stitching, buttonholes, and many others.
Further, you have an option to choose between two speeds. It also features a built-in needle threader, adjustable stitch length and width, a free arm, and an accessory storage compartment.
|Dimensions||12.3 x 11.7 x 5.7 inches|
|Color||White and pink|
- Allows users to choose their sewing speeds
- The wide stitch selection makes it a versatile machine
- The free arm capability means that you’re flexible in exploring different arts on your garment
- Easy to learn due to the simple and straightforward instructions
- It’s stylish and will accentuate your workplace
- Not suitable for big projects
13. IRIS GEMMA Sewing Machine
If you’re looking for a reliable machine for your sewing project, IRIS GEMMA perfectly fits the description. Here is why! It’s a multi-use tool with multiple applications and lets you do a wide variety of activities. Further, it’s lightweight, compact, and convenient even when traveling.
Strong and powerful, it can sew thick fabrics like jeans. It features upgraded electroplating material for durability and beauty. The thread cutter cuts by a slight pull, and adjustable thread tension allow you to adjust the looseness to produce beautiful stitches.
The reverse sewing helps reinforce sewing stitches, and the anti-slip base allows the machine to run smoothly. It also features a scale that facilitates measurements and has an accessories storage drawer.
It has many accessories that include an LED light that protects your eyes and gives a clear view.
|Dimensions||12.3 x 11.8 x 5.9 inches|
|Color||White and pink|
- The electroplating feature boost the quality of this machine
- Reverse sewing helps in reinforcing the stitches
- The machine has an anti-slip base that allows for stability
- LED light available, and this provides enough light on your work area
- There is no mention of a warranty
14. PDJW Mini Sewing Machine
PDJW Mini sewing machine comes in an attractive color that will blend with your décor and other items. Moreover, the pink color is child-friendly, and it will attract your kid to it.
This tool features a built-in light, and it’s easy to see what you are sewing. It is compact and portable, and suitable for children as it is easy to lift and carry around.
The machine features a thread cutter, 2-speed levels, slow and fast, which you can choose to suit your needs. You can easily start or switch off the machine using a foot pedal or a button.
It also features an automatic bobbin rewinding system, and it’s easier to sew sleeves and trousers. Accessories include a power adapter, a foot pedal, four bobbins, two needles, and a needle threader.
|Dimensions||11.3 x 9.5 x 5.9 inches|
- Beautiful design that looks good in your indoors
- Easy to use and child friendly
- Can sew sleeves and trousers effortlessly
- The Led light features illuminate your workplace
- Two-speed levels let you customize your stitching
- No mention if it has multiple stitches
15. BTY Sewing Machine
If you are looking for one of the best mini sewing machine that can produce overlock stitches, then settle on BTY mini sewing machine. It comes fitted with 12 built-in stitches to suit your preferences and is the best for beginners. Versatile, this tool is suitable for embroidery, make dolls, crafting, mending. Also, it’s the best sewing machine for free motion quilting.
It has a presser foot that can sew buttons and can automatically wind thread onto the sewing machine. It is compact, lightweight, and has a child-friendly pink color.
Accessories include a button foot presser, four-thread bobbins, four needles, a foot pedal, a metal thread cutter, an AC power adapter, and an instruction manual.
|Dimensions||10.8 x 4.8 x 10.2 inches|
|Power Source||Electric Powered|
- A multi-use machine that’s suitable for overlock stitches
- The presser foot is a versatile feature or sewing buttons and wind thread
- Electric powered and is plug and play for use at home
- Affordable and a money-back guarantee
- Not expandable, thus not adjustable
16. Janome Sewing Machine
Janome Graceful is the best mechanical sewing machine. It can easily fit in any of your travel bags without taking much space. It weighs only 5 pounds and is suitable for beginners, and serves all your sewing needs.
It features 11 built-in stitches, including straight, zigzag, crescent /scallop stitch, and multi stitch zigzag stitch for sewing stretching and knitted fabrics. It’s the best longarm quilting machine that features a free arm, accessory storage, and easy reverse features for top-notch sewing.
With threading diagrams and a top drop-in bobbin, it is quite easy to set up this machine.
It’s the answer to all your household sewing needs like hemming, mending, crafts, scrapbooks, and paper crafting.
|Dimensions||10.5 x 5 x 9 inches|
|Power Source||Treadle Powered|
- The setup process and takes less time to get everything ready
- A powerful machine that can mend different types of materials
- Multiple stitch selection allows for versatility
- The easy reverse feature offers top-quality designs
- It’s a little on the pricey side
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Mini Sewing Machine
If you intend to pick from our list of best mini sewing machine, it would help if you have the following in mind while buying.
Dimension – Size and Portability
A compact machine is easy to carry, and you can move with it from one room to another. Also, it doesn’t take much space, especially if you live in a small apartment. It’s lightweight and not bulky to carry.
The presser feet is an important feature which you must consider when buying a mini sewing machine. It helps in keeping your garment flat as it passes through your mini machine. It also ensures the cloth remains flat and doesn’t’ rise or fall when you’re stitching.
Without a doubt, a budget is an essential consideration when purchasing any product, and a mini sewing machine is no exception. There is a misconception that a highly-priced item is the best quality. Whereas there is some truth in this statement, you can still find a reasonably priced machine that will deliver the best value.
Built-In Stitches and Automatic Needle Threader
For first-time users, it can get be hard adapting to your new machine, especially when sewing. Fortunately, built-in stitches and a needle threader can make your work easier. These are essential for accuracy and can work best with thick garments.
Repair Policies and Warranty Standard
Like any other machine, it’s essential to consider the warranty of your new purchase. It would help if you had some assurance that you can take back your item in case of malfunction within the warranty period. Most sewing machines have a longer warranty period, which also stipulates the repair policies.
Top Loading Bobbin
A bobbin is useful in wounding up the lower thread, and the machine will stitch once it gets hold of the lower thread. It’s practically impossible to use your sewing machine without the bobbin feature. When shopping, ensure this feature is present for adding the bobbin thread.
Stability and Durability
Your sewing machine needs to be stable so that it sits perfectly balanced on a flat surface. It also helps in enhancing the quality of your stitching. Likewise, a durable machine will last many years, and this will save on replacement costs.
Free Arm Capability
When sewing, you need to be comfortable so that you can get the best results. In this case, the sewing machine should allow for freehand so that you’re flexible to try different arts on your garment. Plus, a free hand reduces fatigue and allows you to work for long hours.
When shopping, look for a machine whose price is within your budget. However, it’s essential to shop from a renowned brand that has a reputation for high-quality machines.
Stitches per Minute – Speed
The speed of your sewing machine is an important consideration. A fast machine is efficient, and it means you get to complete your sewing quickly. Before you part with your money, quickly look at the specifications for the number of stitches per minute.
Your mini sewing machine should be lightweight as this allows for portability. It shouldn’t restrict your movement from one room to another or between locations. Luckily, small sewing machines are easy to carry around.
LED-Illuminated Work Area
A well-lit workplace means you can have a clear view of your sewing, allowing for efficiency. Luckily, there are mini sewing machines that feature LED lights. These illuminate the area and delivers a clear view, thereby minimizing errors and boosting efficiency.
Best Mini Sewing Machine – Additional Information
What Is a Mini Sewing Machine?
A mini sewing machine is a small, lightweight, and compact machine for stitching pieces of garments. As the name suggests, tiny sewing machine, and you can transport it wherever you want and carry out your sewing work on the go.
Advantages of Having a Mini Sewing Machine
The first advantage of a mini machine is that it’s pretty affordable as compared to full machines. It has a small shape that can fit in a tiny space. Besides its portable and you can carry it with you anywhere. Some of the options available on the market are battery-powered. Thus, the availability of electric power should be the least among your worries. Lastly, these machines are easy to use, especially for beginners. You can also teach your child how to sew using one of these best mini sewing machine.
Mini Sewing Machine vs. Handheld Sewing Machine
The main difference between a mini sewing machine and a handheld sewing machine is the size. The latter is much smaller and can even fit in a small travel bag. Hence it’s portable, and you can squeeze it amongst your travel gear. However, although portable, a mini sewing machine is a little bigger and sits on a tabletop. The flip side is of a handheld device because it’s not versatile and is only suitable for emergencies.
Benefits of Small Sewing Machine vs. Normal Sewing Machine
A small sewing machine doesn’t cost much, and if you have limited budget options, this is the best choice for you. It’s also suitable for beginners and proper learning how to sew, such as kids. The best sewing machine for 10 year old is easy to use and is easy to setup.
A small machine is lightweight, and therefore you can carry it anywhere for your sewing sessions. In schools, these devices are the best for crafting work and art.
FAQs on Best Mini Sewing machine
Final Words on Best Mini Sewing Machine
Without a doubt, a sewing machine is a vital tool for a wide variety of tasks. As we come to the close of our discussion of the best mini sewing machine, there are several things to keep in mind. Portability, ease of use, and versatility are the top quality of a highly efficient machine.
In most mini sewing machine reviews, you’ll find that the best tools are the highly-priced. Even though the price is a critical factor, several budget-friendly tools will suit your needs. Singer Start 1304 emerges as the winner since it’s a high-quality mini sewing machine that’s most suitable for a beginner and an expert too. Hopefully, you can shop for the best product hassle-free.