You have been making many lovely small items for yourself and the people around you for a while, but now is time for a sewing machine upgrade! From faster speed, exceptional results, and high-end options, we’ve gotcha.
It is time to specialize in more important sewing projects like making table cloths, decorative curtains, blanket making, or maybe carpets for your home. And you realize you have to upgrade your present sewing machine to achieve better results.
- Quick Overview: Best Sewing Machine for Advanced Sewers
- What Are The Best Sewing Machine for Advanced Sewers?
- Top 15 Best Sewing Machine for Advanced Sewers
- 1. SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Portable Sewing Machine with 600-Stitches, Electronic Auto Pilot Mode, Extension Table and Bonus Accessories, Perfect for Customizing Projects
- 2. Brother SE600 Computerized High-End Sewing and Embroidery Machine
- (Best Budget-friendly)
- 3. Brother PQ1500SL Advanced Quilting and Sewing Machine
- (Best Sewing Machine for Advanced Sewers for Quilting)
- 4. SINGER Heavy Duty 4423 Sewing Machine
- (Best Sewing Machine for Advanced Sewers for Heavy Duty)
- 5. Janome HD3000 Advanced Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
- (Best Sewing Machine for Advanced Sewers for Home Use)
- 6. Juki HZL-F600 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
- (Best for Industrial Use)
- 7. Juki TL-2010Q Sewing Machine
- (Best for Starting Home Base Business)
- 8. Janome Memory Craft 6500P Sewing Machine
- 9. Janome 7330 Magnolia Computerized Sewing Machine
- (Best Easy-To-Use)
- 10. Janome MC-6300P Sewing Machine
- (Best for Canvas)
- 11. JUKI HZL-F300 Sewing and Quilting Machine
- (Best for Leather)
- 12. Brother HC1850 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
- (Best for Monogramming)
- 13. Janome DC5100 Computerized Sewing Machine
- 14. Brother XR9550PRW Quilting Machine
- (Best for Jeans and Denim)
- 15. SINGER 7258 100-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine
- Buying Guide When Choosing The Best Sewing Machine for Advanced Sewers
- Singer, Brother, Janome, and Juki: Which Would You Choose?
- How Do I Care for My Sewing Machine?
- FAQs: Best Sewing Machine for Advanced Sewers
- Conclusion: Best Sewing Machine for Advanced Sewers
Advanced sewers often lookout for sewing machines that come with better features and uses than the ones they had been using earlier. Depending on factors such as requirements, project length, key features, etc., a sewer always looks out for striking aspects of an advanced sewing machine that can be used for multiple purposes.
Quick Overview: Best Sewing Machine for Advanced Sewers
We have highlighted some of the best sewing machines for advanced sewers and their peculiar characteristics in this list. Let us highlight these products below:
What Are The Best Sewing Machine for Advanced Sewers?
Best Overall –> SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 600-Stitches Computerized Sewing Machine
This is an all-encompassing, feature-rich sewing machine. This machine is a complete wonder to use
Best Budget –> Brother SE600 Computerized High-End Sewing Machine
Great features with affordable cost for you to display your embroidery prowess.
Best Sewing Machine for Advanced Sewers for Quilting –> Brother PQ1500SL Advanced Quilting and Sewing Machine
“A modern, advanced , convenient, saving time machine for making your quilting ideas become a reality.”
Best Sewing Machine for Advanced Sewers for Heavy Duty –> SINGER Heavy Duty 4423 Sewing Machine
“permits you to stitch a wide range of materials from denim to lightweight sheers with ease.”
Best Best Sewing Machine for Advanced Sewers for Home Use –> Janome HD3000 Advanced Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
A good, solid, sturdy, noiseless, and portable mechanical sewing machine for everyday work at home.
Best Sewing Machine for Advanced Sewers for Industrial Use –> Juki HZL-F600 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
This machine does a lot of work, and for a long period of time too.
Best Sewing Machine for Advanced Sewers for Stay-at-Home Business –> Juki TL-2010Q Sewing Machine
enormous extension table good quality stitches, , large throat space, and a lot of automatic characteristics to save your energy and time.
Easy-To-Use Best Sewing Machine for Advanced Sewers –> Janome 7330 Magnolia Computerized Sewing Machine
It has all the characteristics for professionals but is designed to be totally easy to use”
Best Sewing Machine for Advanced Sewers for Leather –> JUKI HZL-F300 Sewing and Quilting Machine
“Solid machine. High-quality stitches. Runs very silently.”
Best Sewing machine for advanced sewers for Jeans and Denim –> Brother XR9550PRW Quilting Machine
“With the right thread, right needle, and right presser foot, you are set to sew through jeans layer by layer.”
Best Sewing machine for advanced sewers for Monogramming –> Brother HC1850 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
“Sewers will be wowed by the collection of 55 alphanumeric stitches.”
Best sewing machine for advanced sewers for Canvas –> Janome MC-6300P Sewing Machine
“This machine will be able to sew canvas and other heavy materials with ease.”
Top 15 Best Sewing Machine for Advanced Sewers
1. SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Portable Sewing Machine with 600-Stitches, Electronic Auto Pilot Mode, Extension Table and Bonus Accessories, Perfect for Customizing Projects
The singer machine is the first on the list. The most interesting feature of this machine is the600 built-in decorative stitches for several purposes like quilting, clothes sewing, home decor, and crafting.
This machine is all-encompassing for sewing and embroidery lovers.
It not only aids you to stitch easier and more swiftly but also expands your creativity.
The light working area with an LCD screen to know stitch selection brings ease and comfort to the sewer. You can focus earnestly to complete your projects because almost all you need is available right there.
- Strong metal frame for durability
- Wide table for quilting and other huge projects
- Thread trimmer
- Programmed needle threader
- Bright working area with LED lights
- 600 built-in stitches
- Speed control option
- LCD screen
- A knee lifter is not included.
You can check the video for more details about SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960:
If embroidery is your strong point, then this machine will likely be the number one pick. It is only a few sewing machines with built-in embroidery features that you can find for an affordable price in the market. With Brother SE600, you will have almost everything you wish for your embroidery work in the future.
What’s best, you can connect your USB to import your favorite embroidery designs aside from existing ones.
- Free arm design permits you to work with sleeves and cuffs easily
- Embroidery features are developed
- USB port to import your customized patterns
- Automatic needle threader
- Adjustable speed control
- 2” color touch LCD
- 4″x4″ Embroidery hoop
- Affordable price for many helpful features
- There are various sewing feet for you to select from
- Not really ideal for stitching
- Throat space is not big enough for various product sizes
- Feed dogs might get slow sometimes
Check the video below to find out more facts about the machine
(Best Sewing Machine for Advanced Sewers for Quilting)
Sewers can save lots of time when using Brother PQ1500SL, this is because it is fast, up to 1500 stitches a minute. Asides from that, a thread trimmer and automatic needle threader help you to get your work done faster and easier. It is one of the best brother sewing machines.
- Quick set drop-in bobbin
- Heavy metal frame construction for stability and durability
- Thread tension control
- High productivity with 1500 stitches per minute
- Programmed thread cutter
- Feed dog adjuster
- LED light for clarity at work
- The Pin-feeding system supports fabric management.
- Large work area for quilting and free-motion quilting
- A Knee lifter is included.
- The buttonhole function is not available.
Explore more aspects through this video:
(Best Sewing Machine for Advanced Sewers for Heavy Duty)
If you are an advanced sewer, you’ll probably start working on more sophisticated materials such as canvas, leather, denim, etc., and you will need a more equipped machine for this work.
The Singer Heavy Duty 4423 with a 60 percent stronger motor may be the best candidate for your projects. It can handle any kind of thick material.
When it comes to speed, 1100 stitches a minute is regarded as a swift machine.
- It has a heavy-duty metal frame can stand the test of time
- It is a fast speed machine up to 1100 stitches per minute
- Automatic needle threader
- Fast speed machine that can sew up to 1100 stitches a minute
- Automatic needle threader
- Automatic Reverse: Reverse sewing technique
- will strengthen stitches for better quality products.
- The heavy-duty metal frame can last long through time.
- Four presser feet for flexible use
- The thread could be jammed in the bobbin area sometimes.
Watch this video for more details of how it looks and how it sews:
(Best Sewing Machine for Advanced Sewers for Home Use)
Janome HD300 has a lot of important features for home use quality sewing machines. The machine is sturdy with durable construction. It is stable, and the motor operates at a maximum speed of 860 stitches a minute.
- Heavy-duty frame
- High-speed machine up to 860 stitches a minute
- The automatic bobbin winder is available.
- Free arm for working with cuffs, sleeves, and collars
- Adjustable thread tension
- Automatic Built-in needle threader
- Snap-on presser feet
- Reverse stitching for better sewing quality
- Machine cover included
- Get jammed when sewing several layers of materials.
- Not many built-in stitches to choose from
- Become noisy sometimes
(Best for Industrial Use)
Although this sewing machine is quite expensive, but with the benefits it comes with, it worths its price. The machine stitches many layers of cloth smoothly (even thickness of about 1cm denim still sews smoothly, quietly without any broken needle ever)
Box feed technology permits fabric not to scorch when being inserted into the sewing machine, even how lightweight the fabric is.
- 225 built-in stitches
- 16 industrial buttonhole styles
- Convenient thread cutter
- Automatic needle threader
- Foot control
- Knee lifter
- Presser foot pressure adjustment
- Big LCD screen
- Less noise
- Large extension table
- Not for beginner use
(Best for Starting Home Base Business)
Are you dreaming of owning your own stay-at-home business? Juki TL-2010Q is one of your best choices for starting a small sewing service at home.
This machine is swift and feature-rich. It will become your favorite tool to help you save time and also make a lot of beautiful clothes and home decorations for your customers.
The stitch quality is exceptionally neat and tidy, which increases the quality of the clients’ items many times. It’s designed to be moved around without any hitches.
It comes with a beautiful large throat space for true quilters who love wide space to create designs of any size.
- Automatic thread trimmer
- Sliding speed control
- It’s able to make 1,500 stitches a minute, so you can be sure to finish your project in a shorter time
- One pedal foot control
- LED lights for bright working area
- Large throat space for making large items
Let us check out this video to get more understandings of this product:
Janome provides a 10-piece customer appreciation gift that is free with the purchase of a Janome Memory Craft 6500P, which includes a concealed zipper sewing foot, gathering foot, quilting sewing foot, ditch appliqué foot, etc., It’s super fast with speed up to 1000 stitches a minute.
The thread cutter decreases your working time a lot by producing a precise cut at the end of stitches without scissors. You can also set up the thread cutter so that it could automatically cut the thread anywhere you need.
Free-motion quilting and sewing is simple with the feed dog control. This machine features an extension table and an extension table for large quilting projects.
- The LCD screen gives you details about stitches selected
- 1000 stitches a minute
- The bobbin winder is placed comfortably on the top of the machine
- Speed control slider for every type of fabric or sewing technique adjustment
- 135 built-in stitches and four lettering font mode
- Superior feed system
- 9″ x 5″ throat space for quilting
- Knee-lifter is available
- Extension table for wider working space
- The LCD is not bright enough, so you have to add more light when working at night
- It is Heavy
Janome 7330 – comes with an elegant design and an affordable price.
It offers many automatic, and programmed features like up/down the needle, needle threader, sliding speed function to make your work simpler.
The backlit LCD screen permits you to see what stitch you are choosing and easily adjust stitch width and length. This machine is capable of affording you with 30 built-in stitches, including the six one-step buttonhole styles. With this sewing machine, you can do crafts, garments, etc., and anything else your sewing needs are.
- 30 adorable built-in stitches, six buttonhole styles
- LCD screen affords you the opportunity to see what stitches you are working on and adjust their widths and lengths.
- Drop-in bobbin is simple for you to see how much thread is remaining on the bobbin.
- Speed control slider
- Stitch reverse
- Up/down a needle
- It operates silently, suitable for night work.
- It is easy to use
- B for sewing sleeves and cuffs
- The manual thread tension dial
- LED lights need to be brighter
- Not portable
(Best for Canvas)
Janome made the MC6300P a unique sewing machine with the four box area containing different inbuilt stitches and buttonhole styles. One can easily find out what stitch style you need for your new products.
- Metal frame for durability
- Built-in needle threader
- Drop-in bobbin
- Speed control slider for you to set the speed when necessary
- Extra heavy-duty motor for different types of fabric
- Extension table for large working are
- Manual thread tension control
- Memorized needle up/down feature
- Easy reverse button
- It does not have many built-in embroidery stitches for you to choose from.
11. JUKI HZL-F300 Sewing and Quilting Machine
(Best for Leather)
JUKI Exceed series is known for its prowess. It works neatly with thick fabric, especially leather and canvas.
It comes with 106 built-in sewing stitches for your creativity and 16 buttonhole styles for your convenience, as well as three alphabet character sets. You can make several beautiful products from these available resources.
This machine features a programmed needle threader, which saves you time and no more eye strain. It is simple enough for a novice but good enough for a pro.
It operates quietly, so you can work at night without disturbing people.
- Automatic reverse sewing
- Intelligent bobbin system
- Presser foot pressure adjustment
- Thread trimmer
- Backlit LCD screen
- No stress and no eye strain with the advanced automatic needle threader
- An easy winding bobbin system permits you to wind a bobbin quickly.
- Built-in memory to save up to seventy patterns
- User-friendly pattern menu
- Not for heavy-duty projects
Let’s watch this video:
(Best for Monogramming)
This machine lets you spend hours of quality time creating adorable items for yourself and friends with many beautiful features. If you love monogramming, this is the right choice at the moment. It’s interesting to know that you can embroider your name on your items or family members’ belongings with ease.
- Built-in 55 alphanumeric stitches for monogramming
- Large LCD screen for you to navigate chosen stitches
- Wide table for comfortably sewing large items
- Automatic needle threader
- Quick set-in bobbin
- An excellent feed system lets you work with many kinds of thick materials.
- It is easy to change the working speed as you want with the control speed slider.
- Bright light for night sewing.
- Operation is possible with or without the included foot controller pedal.
- It can get locked up unexpectedly.
There are several reasons Janome DC5100 is one of the best Janome machines.
Like other Janome sewing machines, this machine is nicely made and easy to operate, even for beginners.
Strong motors let it handle different materials with no stress or strain on the machine. It saves time with automatic needle thread; you do not need to worry about threading a needle. Moreover, this machine operates in a super quiet way so that you can work whenever you prefer. At last, it also comes with a hard-cover for daily protection.
- Top loading full rotary hook bobbin
- Extra high presser foot lift
- Auto tension system
- Memorized needle up/down
- Superior Feed System (SFS)
- Locking stitch button
- Automatic reverse stitches to reinforce the stitches
- Free arm for cuffs and sleeves making.
- Speed control slider for adjusting your speed depending on each type of material
- Built-in needle threader
- Hardcover is available
- Not for heavy-duty material.
(Best for Jeans and Denim)
Making fashionable clothes and creative sewing is what you always think of from the first day of sewing, then you should purchase for yourself a Brother XR9550PRW. You will have an opportunity to showcase your talents with many built-in stitches, including eight decorative buttonholes and fifty-five alphanumeric stitches.
- Easily view and set selected stitches on the large LCD screen.
- It enables you to make monogramming and free-motion
- Versatile feet let you create different types of sewing effectively.
- Needle threader system
- Thread tension control takes your sewing work to the next level.
- Quick set drop-in bobbin
- The bobbin does not wind right occasionally.
15. SINGER 7258 100-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine
This machine not only looks good on the outside but also functions flexibly inside with many effective features for advanced sewers.
One hundred built-in stitches are by far enough for even an advanced sewer to experiment for a year. A six-segment feeding system will guarantee your fabric goes smoothly without using a hand.
- Bobbin winder
- Pressure foot lifter
- Speed control button
- Automatic presser foot pressure control
- Built-in reverse stitch
- Heavy-duty metal frame for durability
- Six segment feeding system for thick materials
- Buttonholes can be made in one step only
- Bright working space with LED lights
- Adjustable stitch length for each project
- The thread could get jammed.
Buying Guide When Choosing The Best Sewing Machine for Advanced Sewers
Many options are out there to choose from, so to avoid confusion, you can follow the buying guide below to make the right choice depending on your need.
Buy From popular Brands in the Market
If you are conversant with sewing, you might know different famous brand names in manufacturing sewing machines, for instance, Brother, Singer, Janome, JUKI etc. They are all having a long history of making a million pieces of the sewing machine sold worldwide. It is you start with those brands before checking more others because of their credibility and variety.
Priority for Large Working Area
A wide working table, large throat space, or extension table will be needed if you want to add more creativity to your future project. Consider this characteristic if you love quiltings.
Feature-Rich, all-encompassing Sewing Machine
A machine that can do sewing, quilting, crafting, and making embroidery is an ideal pick for a professional. You can freely make many different projects with countless options the machine offers.
Save Time Features
The fast speed machine will help you complete your work sooner. Automatic sewing machine a built-in needle threader, sewing machine with automatic thread cutter, drop-in bobbin, and so on will make your work less tedious and will save time.
Professional Stitch Quality
It’s very necessary for an advanced sewer because it decides how your final work looks like. An ideal machine provides you with a variety of built-in stitches. You can set your stitch length and width for each type of material to ensure the best result. You can also set the speed of the machine by using the speed control slider.
Singer, Brother, Janome, and Juki: Which Would You Choose?
When you want to upgrade your sewing machine for that of advanced sewers, there are chances that you will instantly recall a few familiar names in your head: Brother, Juki, Singer, and Janome. So which these brands are worth considering? Let us find out.
Brother vs. Singer
Brother and Singer sewimg machines are two well-established brands and manufacturers of sewing machines that are functional and equally affordable. Both have made many models for beginners. Brother’s machine is a little more user-friendly than Singer’s.
If you plan to buy a machine for advanced sewer, well, it takes effort to choose, and few are costly too. In turn, they have a reputation for customer service and warranty.
Brother vs. Janome
Brother is a sewing brand with a large customer base. Brother sewing machines is exceptional with all the features required for a professional sewer at a fair price.
Janome is popular for the love of its customers. Despite the expensive (same features but cost almost twice as much as Brother) and the limited in-built stitches for the computerized sewing machine line, Janome has the feature of product durability.
Janome’s sewing machine is usually made of a metal frame to improve its performance over time.
Janome, Juki vs. Brother, Singer
Janome and Juki are very different from Brother and Singer. Firstly, in terms of cost, these two brands have higher average prices, especially the Juki.
Generally, Janome and Juki’s products seem to be somewhat more sophisticated and classy in design and functionality, sometimes for people who have been sewing for a long time.
Janome also has made some models for newbies. Juki machines are often a bit complicated for beginners.
And Juki is most popular for its heavy-duty machines. Those machines are strong workers. They are one of the best sewing machine for heavy fabrics for a long period.
Generally, if you want to experiment with every function in your budget, you can buy a Brother or Singer. If you need a machine that will grow old with you and make breakthroughs in displaying your creativity and making a lot of money, Janome and Juki are good options.
How Do I Care for My Sewing Machine?
If you want your machine to grow old with you, do the following:
Keep the sewing machine in a clean, dry place, away from moisture.
Always check the power source, the power outlet, and plug before starting up the machine.
When you are not working on the machine, you should cover it with a cloth or a case.
After using the sewing machine, remember to turn it off, and regularly clean the sewing machine to help it function smoothly for a long period.
For a domestic sewing machine, you shouldn’t use it for more than three consecutive hours a day to avoid damage to its motors.
You should change to new needles regularly to make sure it sharp enough.
FAQs: Best Sewing Machine for Advanced Sewers
What Is The Best Sewing Machine for Heavy Fabrics?
Singer Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
Brother Sewing Machine.
Janome Industrial-Grade Sewing Machine.
What Is The Best Sewing Machine to Buy for an Intermediate Sewer?
The Janome Jem Gold 660 is the best intermediate sewing machine for sewers who want more than the basic straight and zig-zag stitch but not the numerous features of a professional-level machine. It also makes a great companion for the classroom, especially for sewers who cannot carry a heavier machine.
What Is the Most Reliable Sewing Machine?
The following are the best sewing machines:
Best overall sewing machine : Brother CS7000X.The best mechanical sewing machine: Singer Heavy-Duty 4452.
How Long Do Sewing Machines Last?
Five yearsWith the right storage and maintenance and careful use, you can expect your sewing machine to last over five years. Some computerized sewing machines may last up to 25 years if you are lucky.
Is it Worth Repairing an Old Sewing Machine?
No doubt, it can be worth fixing an older sewing machine when a part becomes faulty. The sewing machine may be a family heirloom and very important to you as it connects you to your mother and grandmother. Or it may still be in a good condition and can still sew up a storm, including heavy fabric.
How often Should You Clean Your Sewing Machine?
How often to clean your machine depends on how often you use it. Janome most often recommends cleaning a machine after at least every 10 hours of use. But more often is fine. Take a peek inside the bobbin case.
Conclusion: Best Sewing Machine for Advanced Sewers
After spending quite some time gathering information about the best sewing machine for advanced sewers. Above is a collection of the research. Hopefully, this will be helpful while choosing your next sewing machine and will help you create many adorable and creative projects for the world around you.