It must be inconveniencing and expensive using a pair of scissors for some time and then disposing of it for its dullness or bluntness. That is why skinnyfatties brought you a solution that is not only long-lasting but cost-effective. Now you can reduce cost by using any of the top 17 best scissor sharpener below.
The sharpeners offer you a long-lasting remedy for both dullness and the bluntness of your scissors. Henceforth, rather than disposing of blunt or dull scissors, you can use the help of any of the top 17 best scissor sharpener. Be sure to experience wonders and great differences when you try any of these.
Summary of Top 17 Best Scissor Sharpener
- Best overall -SHARPAL 103N All-In-1 Knife, Pruner, Axe & Tool Sharpener. This sharpener has the ability to sharpen any blade in your home, from scissors to knife, to shears, axe, and so on.
- Best Manual Scissors Sharpener- Wamery The Original Knife, Shears, and Scissors Sharpening System. You can use it not only for scissors but also for knives and shears, while almost all the sharpeners can sharpen any two of these.
- Best Small Scissors Sharpener – Fiskars Easy To Use Scissor Blade Sharpener. It contains a ceramic rod that can restore the sharp edge to any pair of scissors that you have in your home.
- Best 4-in-1 Scissors Sharpener – xiaomaizi 4 in 1 Knife & Scissors Sharpener – If you want a pair of scissors and knife sharpener that can also do a nice job of polishing your blades, the xiaomaizi 4 in 1 Knife & Scissors Sharpener is a good choice. It is suitable for the wide range of knives and scissors,
- Budget Pick – Smith’s 50185 Jiffy-Pro Handheld Sharpener. Asides from taking care of your scissors or knives going to the ultimate level, the sharpener also provides for your safety with the knuckle guard feature so that you can work with more relaxation.
Top 17 Best Scissor Sharpener
1. Smith’s PP1 Pocket Pal Multifunction Sharpener
The sharpener is sleek and slim and is multi-functional.
It features carbide blades, which are fabulous for providing you with a swift edge setting ability. And there is a provision for both damaged and dull knives which is why it made our list as one of the top 17 best scissor sharpener.
Besides being reversible, the blades are even replaceable. Therefore, you can use the sharpener for a long while by simply changing the blades. However, you must have in mind that the blades are compatible with only straight edges.
The ceramic stone provides you with a polished and smooth knife edge. Interestingly, you can use the stone on both regular and serrated blades.
- Reversible and replaceable carbide blades
- Reversible and replaceable ceramic stones
- Can sharpen both serrated and standard edges
- Easy to use
- The design may not be ergonomic.
- The handle may not be too handy
2. Smith’s JIFF-S 10-Second Knife and Scissors Sharpener
The 10-Second scissors and knife Sharpener feature a patented ceramic sharpener that is fixed into the handle. The V-shape sharpening spot features two cross carbide blades for a swift and convenient sharpening experience. The preset carbide blades also produce guaranteed results at every step. It can be used for all kinds of regular edge knives. The blades are replaceable and reversible, providing an extended lifespan. Scissor sharpening is made easy with just about four strokes at max, and the floating rod helps sharpen both right and left-handed scissors. It is one of the best scissor sharpener you can conveniently use.
- It sharpens both knife and scissors
- It features replaceable reversible carbide blades
- It requires only 3 to 4 strokes for best results
- It accomodates both right and left-handed scissors
- Provides with a most comfortable grip
- It Cannot sharpen serrated knives besides straight one
3. FiskarsSewSharp Scissors Sharpener
This Fiskars SewSharp Scissors Sharpener device is highly recommended for you to purchase because it contains a ceramic rod that can restore the sharp edge to any pair of scissors that you have in your home. To sharpen your scissors while using this device, you should place the blade of the scissors into the sharpening slot and pull the blade through towards you a few times. Ensure that your scissors face upward, and you should only apply gentle pressure to sharpen the blades on the scissors.
This product contains plastic slots that ensure proper positioning for your scissors to receive the sharpest blades possible and restore their quality to act brand new. Not only this, but the device is compact and convenient for you since it’s small and portable so that it can be placed in any location in your kitchen.
- Provides the fastest performance within a limited time
- Features time and energy saving ceramic rod
- Sharpness lasts for years.
- Offers the most optimal sharpening experience
- Requires minimum pressure
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- It is not flexible with razor-edge scissors or serrated blades.
- It can’t be used for left-handed scissors, pinking shears, scissors with serrated blades, or scissors with razor edges.
4. Jiffy-Pro Handheld Sharpener
There are very few numbers sharpeners that feature both fine and coarse sharpening spot.
Firstly, the sharpener combines a crossed carbide blade and crossed ceramic rod to give you the best result ever.
Also, there is a rubber manufactured handle attached to it that provides you with the softest thus most convenient grip.
Asides from taking care of your scissors or knives going to the ultimate level, the sharpener also provides for your safety with the knuckle guard feature so that you can work with more relaxation.
- Made from high quality materials available
- They are experts in dealing with both fine and rough blades.
- Features the best carbide blade and ceramic rod
- It includes a finger-securing guard.
- It comes with a soft handle for handy grip.
- A bit costly to some customers
5. AccuSharp Shear Sharp Scissor Sharpener
This is next on the list of our list of best scissor sharpener. AccuSharp Shear Sharp, Scissor Sharpener product is made from high-quality materials for best durability and to provide the best performance possible. This tool has an ergonomic handle that makes it extremely easy and sade to operate. It also features a full-length finger guard that can secure your fingers.
This device features Diamond Honed Tungsten Carbide blades and can increase the lifespan of your scissors by sharpening them to the best quality.
- It can be washed in the dishwasher without having to worry about the product rusting.
- Cheaper than the other products on the list.
- Uses tungsten carbide blades to sharpen your scissors.
- Highly durable besides being a super performer
- It offers a secure and comfortable grip.
- Features a protective finger guard
- A single sharpening goes for years.
- Comes within your budget
- The Carbide blade isn’t reversible and replaceable.
- It can’t sharpen knives.
6. Chef’s Choice 500 ScissorPro Professional Diamond Hone Scissor Sharpener
This is a machine that features a two-step process to sharpen various scissors types without taking them apart. The patented Magna-Flex tech that controls the angle applies adequate pressure, and the diamond abrasives on either side of the sharpening cone, this sharpening gadget is an excellent choice for people looking for a professional tool to sharpen only scissors.
This sharpens your scissors at home and gives off a professional-quality sharpness with ease. The Scissor Pro electric scissors sharpener uses one hundred percent diamond abrasives and in-built precision angle guides for professional-quality edges quickly and easily.
- Sharpens any scissors with ultimate sharpening element
- Features the revolutionary Magne-Flex mechanism
- It doesn’t require you to disassemble the scissors blades
- Deals with scissors only
7. Wamery Knife, Shears, and Scissors Sharpening System
Wamery sharpening system is one of the best scissors sharpener as it provides you with multiple services single-handedly. For instance, you can use it not only for scissors but also for knives and shears, while almost all the sharpeners can sharpen any two of these.
There are four sharpening slots. The first one from the left is for just scissors. Conversely, the second and the third ones are for fine and coarse blades, respectively. And, the fourth slot has a ceramic rod that finalizes the sharpening of any blade.
One more thing is that every single sharpening requires 3 to 4 strokes only that is time-saving.
- Made with the best quality stainless steel
- Compatible with all sizes of blades
- Flexible for both right and left-handed cook
- Requires the least number of strokes
- It isn’t fit for serrated blades
8. Fiskars Desktop Scissors Sharpener
Fiskars Desktop Scissors Sharpener makes it simple to keep your scissors sharp for neat cuts. Simply insert the scissors with the Fiskars logo facing your direction and apply gentle pressure to the edges as you pull the scissors towards you. Normally, four strokes are enough to smoothen worn out blades, returning them to a sharp edge. It features a lightweight and compact design that offers easy storage, pinking shears, scissors with serrated blades, or razor-edge scissors, it also provides a lifetime guarantee, and it lasts for years.
- Works exquisitely with worn blades
- Sharpens with the least amount of passing
- Features handy grip system
- Easy to carry and store
- Ideal for being used with scissors only
9. RIVERSONG 4-in-1 Knife Sharpener Scissor Sharpener
You don’t need to dispose of all your scissors because RIVERSONG 4-in-1 Knife Sharpener Scissor Sharpener is here to save the day. Put in any dull or blunt knife, scissors, shear, and it will give you back a nicely sharpened new cutter.
In it, you will find four spots for different blades. The first one is for sharpening scissors. The second and the third spots are for rough grinding and medium grinding respectively.
It is best to use the second slot for your dull metallic and the third one for ceramics or a frequently used knife. Finally, you can use the last slot to give a final polishing on all the other types of blades.
Moreover, the handle and the feet of this sharpener are covered with non-slippery and high-quality rubber. As a result of this, besides offering you a convenient grip, the tool never gets slipped when in use.
- It doesn’t brittle even after years of use
- Provides three blade sharpening stages for better output
- The overall structure contains quality material, thus durable
- Safe because of non-slippery rubber
- Fit for all sizes of blades
- No carbide blade is available
10. xiaomaizi 4 in 1 Knife & Scissors Sharpener
If you want a pair of scissors and knife sharpener that can also do a nice job of polishing your blades, the xiaomaizi 4 in 1 Knife & Scissors Sharpener is a good choice. It is suitable for the wide range of knives and scissors, save for serrated blades, this sharpener has diamond rods for scissors sharpening and carbide blades for knife sharpening. The other two stages are another set of diamond rods to sharpen the knives even further, and the ceramic roads for polishing and honing the knives after sharpening.
- It is Very easy to use
- It’s a 4 in 1 tool
- It works on ceramic knives.
- Not suitable for serrated knives
11. Electric Knife Sharpener Tool 3-in-1 – Sharpening Machine for Knives, Scissors & Screwdrivers
This scissors sharpener requires the scissors to open more than 180 degrees for the best outcome. It has been upgraded with a newer patented design. The multipurpose sharpening machine can function as a powered knife sharpener for both ceramic knives and a knife sharpener for straight knives & pairing knives.
- It is a unique 2-stage sharpening process that eliminates dull edges & preserves durability.
- It is small & compact Size in size – Takes Up Little Room On Your Desk or Counter Top.
- It saves your time, efforts as well as a space in your cupboards & cabinets
- There is 3-in-1 Functionality.
- It may have a loud noise
12. SHARPAL 191H Pocket Kitchen Chef Knife & Scissors Sharpener zs
The three-stage affordable knife and scissors sharpener feature tungsten carbide blades, special tungsten carbide blades (to help in scissors grinding) to meet every sharpening requirement of yours, and ceramic blades. With twice the suction force than other knife and scissors sharpeners, it offers great safety during sharpening. You can place it on any surface and press on the black switch for it to stick firmly to the table. The small yet efficient sharpener makes it easy to store and convenient to grab.
- Can be used for knives and scissors
- Works on serrated knives
- Easy to use
- Compact size
- Offers great suction
- It does not feature a built-in lanyard hole
13. Sync Living Knife and Scissors Sharpener
Sync Living provides a three-step knife and scissor sharpening function. The model comes with four slots offering different functionality for sharpening your scissors and knives. The first spot can be used to repair and straighten spoilt blades. The second slot is used to straighten your knife and restore the V-shape. The third slot lets you easily polish your knife, the last slot is perfect for sharpening scissors. Made with sturdy silicone material, the sharpening device can be used by both left or right-handed people.
- It can be used for various scissors and knives.
- Has four slots for varied sharpening requirements
- Anti-slip base with an ergonomic handle
- Provides great durability
- It may not be lightweight.
14. Sujude Knife and Scissor Sharpening Tool
This four-stage knife and scissor sharpener from Sujude company come with an easy-to-use design. Apart from repairing/straightening spoilt blades, the tool can also be used to tune your knife for a clean sharpening and restore its V-shape. Furthermore, the tool also comes with a feature for sharpening scissors. It is made with high-quality silicone; its base provides excellent grip while sharpening. The sharpener handle’s ergonomic design lets the user rest their thumb conveniently while sharpening, providing extra stability.
- Can be used for scissors and knives
- Provides good grip
- Easy to use
- It May not be lightweight.
15. Work Sharp Handheld Pivot Pro Knife & Tool Sharpener
Next on the list of the best scissor sharpener is the Handheld Pivot Pro Knife & Tool Sharpener. It features two carbide sharpeners – one made for knives and the other one for other tools. It also comes with a detachable scissor sharpener for sharpening scissors and other blades. The ceramic hone can polish any blade, and it is easy to use. Built with a medium grit diamond plate, it offers an effective sharpening result to a wide range of tools.
- It works on knives, axes, shears, scissors, and prunes
- Convenient design
- Removable scissor sharpener
- Offers effective sharpening
- It is not effective on serrated knives
16. SHARPAL 103N All-In-1 Knife, Pruner, Axe & Tool Sharpener
If you need an all-in-one sharpener to sharpen all blades in your house, then this sharpener will do the perfect job. This isn’t just about knives and scissors, but machetes, mower blades, loppers, hedge shears, pruners, and the cutting edge of an axe. The tool sharpener introduces five sharpening parts with three pre-set sharpening angles. It also features a tungsten carbide bar and ceramic bar. Specially crafted for firm grip, the oversized handle also lets you use it while wearing gloves for comfort and protection.
- Can sharpen various tools
- Ergonomic design with an oversized handle
- Made using durable material
- Built-in lanyard hole
- It is not lightweight.
17. Zulay Kitchen 2-Stage Professional Knife Sharpener
The two-Stage Professional Knife Sharpener provides you with the ability to sharpen both your scissors and knives with just a few swipes. It is made with a rounded ceramic honing system, and it can sharpen any knife easily. It can repair and hone any edges, chips, or imperfections. The ergonomic handle and anti-slip support or bade make knife and scissor polishing easier in just a few minutes. The fine slot also helps sharpen serrated knives .
- Has provision for coarse and fine slot for different sharpening needs
- It takes only a few seconds to sharpen a knife or scissors.
- There is an ergonomic handle with an anti-slip base
- Can sharpen both knives and scissors
- Cannot sharpen ceramic knives
Buying Guide for Best Scissor Sharpener
A buying guide is one of the most effective manuals that stops you from being fooled while buying anything. Hence, you will go through the following buying guide of the best scissor sharpener and consider each criterion in detail. Otherwise, you will end up spending hard-earned money on something that is not nice.
The sharpener that you will purchase should not only be sharpening scissors. Instead, it should be able to sharpen at least one more type of blade, such as a knife ax or shear.
While you’re buying your Sharpener, always look out for the one with more number of slots. The more slots available, the more effective and useful a sharpener will be.
It does not matter how efficient a sharpener is, if it doesn’t come with a handy grip, you may want to avoid buying that. In case your chosen sharpener features feet, there must be a non-slippery rubber hold under each foot.
Quality and Durable Material
What if you buy any material for solving your day-to-day needs, and unfortunately, the material itself is bad? Will you ever save your day with it?
Similarly, if your sharpener’s material overall is not durable, then it may break down at any time. And, you cannot expect long term service from that.
Although scissors sharpeners generally have the least tendency to cause you injury yet being safe is always recommended. Therefore, it is way better, if your sharpener features a finger guard.
Tips While Using Scissor Sharpener
Ensure you read the product description and follow the instructions to have a better understanding of how the product works. Certain sharpeners may not be best for serrated or ceramic blades. Sharpeners with 3 or 4 stages have dedicated slots for different types of knives and scissors. So ensure you are using the right slot for each tool. This affords you the opportunity to learn how to sharpen scissors with sharpener.
FAQ on the Best Scissor Sharpener
What Is the Best Way to Sharpen Scissors?
A sharpening stone also called a bench stone or whetstone is the easiest, most traditional way to sharpen your scissors. The stone has two parts, typically one coarse/rough 400-grit surface and the other, a finer 1,000-grit side. Always start sharpening on the coarse side of the stone. This is how to sharpen scissors with a stone.
Can I Sharpen My Scissors?
Essentially, scissors are two knives connected at a pivot point. So not surprisingly, you can learn how to sharpen scissors at home just as you would kitchen knives, with a couple of simple tools and some practice.
How Do You Sharpen Scissors with A Sharpener?
Take your scissors apart. Use the inner part of the blade and put in the knife sharpener. Drag the edge over a knife sharpener about ten times. Repeat that process with the other edge. That is how to sharpen a psor of scissors.
Does Cutting Aluminum Foil Really Sharpen Scissors?
Physically, it is impossible to sharpen a pair of scissors using aluminum foil. Now here’s the thing: Cutting aluminum actually makes your blade duller than it already is. Even though the aluminum is much tenderer than the steel blades, it is also much harder than what the blades were made to cut. So, it doesn’t help you with how to sharpen scissors with foil.
Does Cutting Sandpaper Really Sharpen Scissors?
Cutting through sandpaper is good for scissors that aren’t horribly dull but just need some touch-up sharpening. The sandpaper also helps smooth out nicks and indents on the blades. Some alternative cutting materials to sharpen scissors are emery cloth and steel wool.
Conclusion on the Best Scissor Sharpener
In summary, the top 17 best scissor sharpeners are outstandingly effective in increasing the lifetime of the dull or blunt blades of your scissors, knives, or shears. Therefore, it is best for you to make an instant purchase of any of these recommended sharpeners above to save your hard-earned money and also achieve best results.