Manual embroidery is interesting and so much fun, but it takes a lot of energy and planning. This is where an embroidery and sewing machine comes in handy. With one of these easy-to-use machines, you can make a beautiful design in just a few minutes.
Embroidery machines offer a new world of opportunities with your sewing designs. These embroidery machines allow you to personalize, decorate, and embellish just about any fabric effortlessly. Some of the best embroidery machines for home business also provide regular sewing options, which lets you enjoy the best of both skills. That is why we have reviewed the best embroidery machine for home business tailored to meet your embroidery needs.
Best Embroidery Machine for Home Business – Summary
- Editor’s Choice – Best Embroidery Machine for Home Business: Janome Horizon Memory Craft 9850 Embroidery and Sewing Machine
This has not yet been reviewed yet. So, do this.
- Best Value – Best Embroidery Machine for Home Business: Brother PE800 Embroidery Machine
The well-known Brother embroidery machine is an advanced and computerized embroidery machine with an LCD screen and 100 plus built-in designs. Brother says this embroidery machine has pretty well unlimited design options, and that is pretty accurate. This could be the best embroidery machine for home business for you.
- Best for Beginners – Best Embroidery Machine for Home Based Business: Brother SE400 Sewing And Embroidery Machine
If you need a beginner or entry-level, budget-friendly embroidery machine for your home business, the well-known Brother SE400 may be a good option for you. This model is both a computerized embroidery machine and a sewing machine, which affords you the best of both ends.
- Best Budget – Best Embroidery Machine for Home Business: Brother SE600 Embroidery Sewing Machine
The Brother SE600 embroidery and sewing machine offers double functionality. It has the ability to sew and also embroider. The LCD touchscreen and computerized feature make this machine handy and fun to work with. While this machine includes built-in designs, you can import your own for limitless design options.
- Best for Hats + Best Commercial Embroidery Machine for Home Business: Janome MB-4S Multi Needle Embroidery Machine
The Janome MB-4S allows you to set up one project and then move to another task while the machine completes the first task itself. This machine is packed with loads of features, however, a new home-based business may consider it an expensive embroidery machine to start.
- Best for Ease of Use + Included Designs – Best Embroidery Machine for Home Business: Brother PE550D Embroidery Machine
Disney lovers or those who want to purchase an embroidery machine for home business targeted at kids will fall in love with the Brother PE550D. This exciting and unique embroidery-only machine has 125 embroidery designs – 45 of which are Disney -inspired. It also includes borders, freestanding lace, floral, kids, and holiday-themed designs and patterns.
Best Commercial Embroidery Machine for Home Business -Reviews
1. Editor’s Choice: Janome Horizon Memory Craft 9850 Embroidery and Sewing Machine
This has not yet been reviewed yet. So, do this.
1. Best Value: Brother PE800 Embroidery Machine
The well-known Brother embroidery machine is an advanced and computerized embroidery machine with an LCD screen and 100 plus built-in designs. Brother says this embroidery machine has pretty well unlimited design options, and that is pretty accurate. This large embroidery machine is a common choice for home use and it is considered one of the best embroidery machines for home business that you can purchase today. This could be the best embroidery machine for home business for you.
- 5” x 7” large hoop and foot
- It has 11 built-in lettering fonts – 3 Japanese, 7 English and 1 Cyrillic
- 14 border styles
- 10 frame shapes
- 4 bobbins
- Needle set
- 3 screwdrivers (small, large, and disc-shaped)
- Automatic thread cutter
- 4 spool caps (large and mini, small, medium )
- Bilingual owner’s manual
- Dust cover
- Large embroidery hoop
- Easy to use
- The LCD screen makes it simple to preview and experiment with designs
- LED light to brighten your workspace
- Automatic needle threader saves time
- 650 stitches per minute
- It offers a 25-year limited warranty
- Built-in memory (Virtually unlimited designs)
- Best mid-priced embroidery machine
- 180 built-in embroidery designs
- The user could experience some tension issues
2. Brother SE1900 Sewing And Embroidery Machine
The Brother SE1900 features an LCD touchscreen, a large embroidery area, and a lot more built-in designs. This combination machine can operate embroidery projects as well as the normal sewing projects. If the user wants to add buttons to their projects, they can choose from ten styles of 1-step buttonholes. They can even create their own customized stitches and save them to their sewing machine.
- Automatic needle threading
- 5×7 embroidery area
- 138 embroidery designs
- 240 sewing stitches
- Drop-in bobbin
- 10 auto-size buttonholes
- Touchscreen display
- 25-year limited warranty
- Free-motion sewing
- The LED light brightens your workspace
- It can be used for sewing, embroidery and quilting
- It features over 100 built-in embroidery designs, 240 built-in stitches and 10 one-step buttonholes
- It allows for free-motion sewing
- There is a large embroidery area
- You can add your own designs
- Auto needle threading for convenience
- It has a user-friendly LCD touch screen
- Fast 850 stitches per minute
- It is not compatible with other hoop sizes
3. Best Budget: Brother SE600 Embroidery Sewing Machine
The Brother SE600 embroidery and sewing machine offers double functionality. It has the ability to sew and also embroider. The LCD touchscreen and computerized feature make this machine handy and fun to work with. It is a budget friendly best embroidery machine for home business. While this machine includes built-in designs, you can import your own for limitless design options. When it comes to sewing with this machine, the big screen, and computerized settings will help you progress in your sewing projects.
- 80 embroidery designs
- 4” x 4” maximum embroidery area
- 103 built-in stitches
- 7 presser feet included
- USB port
- LCD touchscreen display
- It is easy to use
- The large LED display makes changing settings easy
- It is a combination of embroidery and sewing machine in 1
- You can upload patterns to built-in memory for easy customization
- There are multiple stitches and designs built-in to only selection
- It is a computerized sewing machine for “novices”
- Automatic thread cutter and threader zig-zag
- It has 710 SPM with speed control
- 80 built-in patterns and embroidery designs
- The monograms are not the best quality
- It has a small embroidery area
4. Janome Horizon Memory Craft 12000 Embroidery And Sewing Machine
The Janome MC1200 embroidery sewing machine is an upgrade from the previous model (the 9900). It also offers double functionality: embroidery and sewing. This is an automatic embroidery machine that can handle virtually any sewing project you can think of. It can even handle quilting designs. The movable zig zag allows for free motion quilting.
The MC1200 programmable embroidery machine is actually designed for serious sewers, and it has more features than most sewers will ever need.
- Easy to use
- 425 built-in stitches
- 10 fonts, and 2 & 3 letters monogramming feature
- 338 design patterns
- 10 LED lights in 5 locations
- USB port and modern PC connection, with 4MB of storage
- It has a maximum space of 9.1” x 11.8
- Stitch creation program
- Perfect for a home business
- Large LCD screen
- Best embroidery sewing machine for home use
- Advanced computerized function
- 100+ built-in sewing stitches and design patterns
- Large maximum embroidery area
- Edit features for customized designs
- 10 LED lights for a bright workspace
- Auto thread tension and cutting
- Dozens of accessories
- Multiple functions
- It is big and bulky
A cheaper alternative [6 reviews of 4.5 star]
Janome Memory Craft 230E Embroidery Machine: https://www.amazon.com/Janome-Memory-Craft-Embroidery-Machine/dp/B074HB7DT8/
5. Best for Kids Design – Brother PE535 Embroidery Machine
The Brother PE535 embroidery machine is an all-round, suitable for embroiders of all experience levels. The computerized features enhance functionality without halting creativity or utility. The user-friendly outlook and extended warranty make this embroidery machine a valuable investment for embroidery lovers. The machine itself is strong and pretty lightweight. You’ll have no issues finding room for this machine in your crafts room or home. It is one of the best embroidery machines for home businesses that does embroidery for kids.
- 80 Built-in designs:
- 9 Built-in fonts:
- USB Port
- Large color touchscreen
- 4″ X 4″ Embroidery field
- It is ideal for users of all levels
- Numerous embroidery patterns, fonts, and borders
- You can preview your patterns before stitching
- 80 built-in embroidery designs
- Easy to change individual thread colors
- Auto needle threading
- LCD makes it easy to navigate options
- Durable and lightweight
- This machine does not function as a traditional sewing machine
6. Best for Beginners: Brother SE400 Sewing And Embroidery Machine
If you need a beginner or entry-level, budget-friendly embroidery machine for your home business, the well-known Brother SE400 may be a good option for you. This model is both a computerized embroidery machine and a sewing machine, which affords you the best of both ends. It is one of the best brother sewing machine for dual functions. It is the best embroidery machine for home business on our list for beginners. You can even make quilt designs with this machine. You can as well edit designs by adjusting, rotating, or mirroring the sizes of images.
- LCD screen
- 185 unique built-in stitches
- Automatic needle threader and drop-in top bobbin
- Included accessories: Included with the
- It has a wide table
- 10 sewing feet,
- instructional DVD
- 4” x 4” hoop
- 70 built-in designs
- It offers both embroidery and sewing features
- 70 built-in designs
- Brightly-lit workspace
- You can connect to the computer to upload new designs
- Dozens of stitch and embroidery designs
- Automatic thread cutting
- The 4” x 4” hoop may not be large enough for some designs
7. Brother PE770 5″ X 7″ Embroidery Only Machine
The Brother PE770 is a more advanced, firm embroidery machine. This model has a wider built-in hoop – 5” x 7” – which provides more space for large designs and lettering projects. You can easily put in items from a thumb drive, which offers you virtually unlimited design options.
- Large 5”x7” embroidery area
- 184 sewing stitches
- Backlit LCD Touch Screen Display
- Automatic Needle Threader
- Built-in Memory
- Embroidery Card Slot
- Over 100 built-in embroidery designs
- You can add your own designs
- It features a large 5 inch x 7 inch stitch area
- Design editing features included
- 650 stitches per minute
- Easy to thread and use
- The bobbin winding can be fickle
8. Brother LB6800PRW Project Runway Embroidery Machine
Image: https://www.amazon.com/Brother-Computerized-Sewing-Embroidery-Machine/dp/B00F9JWRZI/ The Brother Project Runway LB6800PRW embroidery machine is similar to the Brother SE400 because it has both sewing and embroidery features. One upgrade it has over the SE400 is that it comes alongside a rolling carrying case, which makes it easier to take your embroidery machine to a class, meeting or your accommodation if you’re traveling. Like most other sewing and embroidery machines on the review list, you can as well connect this sewing and embroidery machine to your computer to transfer additional designs.
You can even customize your embroidery designs by altering the size, mirroring or rotating them. This embroidery machine also comes with tutorials included, making it easy to understand how to use your new embroidery machine.
- Built-in push-button thread cutter
- 4 x 4 inch hoop
- The advanced needle threading system
- 67 built-in sewing stitches
- 120 frame combinations
- 70 built-in designs
- 5 lettering fonts
- LCD touchscreen
- 7-point feed dog
- Excellent for beginners or for budget-minded sewers
- It has both sewing and embroidery features
- Dozens of design patterns and stitches included
- It has an LCD touchscreen
- Design editing features
- Automatic thread cutter
- 70 built-in embroidery designs
- The embroidery hoop may be too small for monogramming projects
9. Best for Ease of Use + Included Design and Patterns: Brother PE550D Embroidery Machine
Disney lovers who want to purchase an embroidery machine will fall in love with the Brother PE550D. This exciting and unique embroidery-only machine has 125 embroidery designs – 45 of which are Disney-inspired.
It also includes borders, freestanding lace, floral, kids, and holiday-themed designs and patterns. Small business and commercial home-based business embroiders will love this machine. The automatic needle threader saves the user time and energy and is particularly useful when your design needs multiple thread changes.
- 4” x 4” hoop
- 4 bobbins
- Embroidery foot
- 3-piece needle set
- 4 spool caps and 1 spool net
- 2 x screwdrivers
- Seam ripper
- Cleaning brush
- Machine dust cover
- 25-year limited warranty.
- Very easy to use that even a 10-year-old can maneuver it well.
- Comes with Disney-themed pattern embroidery designs
- Can add endless amount of designs
- Design and font-editing features
- 125 built-in embroidery designs
- 25-year limited warranty
- It does not have a sewing option
10. EverSewn Hero Sewing Embroidery Machine
EverSewn’s Hero machine is another sewing and embroidery machine combo, but this model has features more in the sewing department. This device has more than 400 utility, decorative hand-lettering stitches, which are displayed in the stitch library beside the bobbin winder.
- It is a modern sewing and embroidery machine, built for advanced and easy sewing and embroidering projects.
- 40 built-in embroidery designs
- 400+ utility, decorative and alphabet pattern stitches
- Upper needle and bobbin thread level monitoring
- Embroidery design sizing up to 110mm x 170mm
- Automatic needle threader
- Includes 8 different presser feet
- Workspace of 6.5 inches
- Dozens of included design patterns
- Large stitching area
- Hundreds of stitches
- Can add new designs
- Perfect sewing machine for beginners
- 850 stitches per minute fast sewing speed
- 40 built-in embroidery designs
- The screen does not show the words or pictures
11. Best for Hats + Best Commercial Embroidery Machine for Home Busines: Janome MB-4S Multi Needle Embroidery Machine
Image: https://www.amazon.com/Janome-MB-4S-Four-Needle-Embroidery-Lettering/dp/B00V3UERZA/[Only 13 rating and 3 star. Remove? Two top links had it]
This embroidery machine does not feature a built-in type of embroidery and stitches, but that does not mean that the user cannot select designs and stitches. In contrast, this embroidery machine has a memory capacity of 3MB. Therefore it can save up to 1,500,000 stitches and about 100 embroidery designs.
Additionally, the most prominent feature of this model is its remote computer screen. With this feature, you can have complete control of your embroidery projects, where you can work on 65,536 colors.
Most essentially, its remote computer control screen can also work with other embroidery machines. So, even if you wish to purchase other embroidery machines in the future, you won’t have to spend more money to get a remote computer control screen.
In addition, it has a peculiar hat hoop, so it is also very convenient for caps and socks embroidery.
- Shipping weight: 64 pounds
- Maximum embroidery size is 9.46″ x 7.88″
- Package Dimensions is 26 x 25.5 x 18 inches
- 3 MB of memory
- Computer connectivity allows you to import your own designs via a USB port.
- It works with both Janome software and other brands software
- Fewer thread changes due to the 4 needle design.
- It has its own hat hoop.
- Work perfectly for hat embroidery and any items that are not flat.
- Remote Computer Screen
- 50 built in design and 10 built-in fonts.
- It has more color options
- Some may consider it expensive
- Although the 4 needle machine is a good to have feature, it is more complicated to use and therefore requires more knowledge.
Could this be an alternative? [27 rating at 4 stars]
Janome Memory Craft 500E Embroidery Machine: https://www.amazon.com/Janome-Memory-Craft-Embroidery-Machine/dp/B082WJH6GN/
12. SINGER Superb EM200 Sewing and Embroidery Machine.
Next on our list for the best embroidery machine for home business is the SINGER Superb EM200 Sewing and Embroidery Machine.
It is packed with 200 various embroidery designs, 6 alphabet options, a wide embroidery area, and so much more. It has both vast embroidery hoop and a smaller hoop.
The easily movable embroidery machine comes with an LCD screen to create and preview your designs.
Moreso, the USB port lets you save and store designs for future use.
- LCD Color Touch Screen
- Automatic Thread Tension and Needle Threader
- Extra-large embroidery area: It comes with two hoops. One wide hoop of 10 ¼” by 6” size and a small hoop of 4” by 4” size.
- Free online tutorial
- Large Embroidery Area.
- Multiple built-in embroidery designs.
- LCD Color Touch Screen.
- Automatic needle threader.
- Automatic thread tension function.
- Double hoops in one machine.
- 700 stitches per minute speed.
- 25 years warranty.
- The color-changing controls can be complicated unless you get used to it.
13. SINGER Futura XL-400
The size of this machine is small and compact. So when you put it at home, it wouldn’t take up much space, and when you take it out, it will not be so heavy. It is one of the best embroidery machine for small business. In addition, although the body is not large, it has a vast embroidering area, up to 10-by-6-inches. Most noteworthy is the machine’s software which includes built-in tutorials. And for the newbie, they will soon master the skill of using this machine if they follow the guide.
- Shipping weight is 23 pounds
- Package Dimensions is 22 x 9.5 x 13 inches
- The number of built-in stitches: 30
- The number of built-in designs: 125
- Maximum embroidery size: 10-by-6-inches
- Value for user’s money
- It has a large work area
- It is Beginner-friendly
- A 25-year limited warranty
- It requires additional software purchases
14. Janome Memory Craft 14000 Sewing and Embroidery Machine
Image: https://www.amazon.com/Janome-Memory-Sewing-Embroidery-Machine/dp/B01C7VXJWA/[As of Jan 10, 2021, this did not even have one review. Remove?]
This is a high-end sewing and embroidery machine. It is a perfect embroidery machine for business. To an extent, it can satisfy the tastes of people who want to significantly do home embroidery business .
Added to the number of built-in patterns and designs, another significant feature of this machine is its modern connectivity for advanced design and embroidery. You can effortlessly implement your own design and adjust its built-in designs LCD touchscreen. This feature is perfect for the home embroidery business so that when your customers ask for a unique design, you can always Impress them.
Additionally, it has a full lighting system from five orientations. When you work , your embroidered area is brightly lit, and you won’t have to worry about making rough patterns because of poor vision.
- The Number of Built-in Stitches: 400
- Shipping weight: 62.8 pounds
- The Number of Built-in Designs: 350
- Package Dimensions is 30 x 30 x 30 inches
- Maximum Embroidery Size is 9.1” x 11.8.”
- It has more built-in patterns
- PC＆USB connectivity
- It has multi hoops
- Free combination of up to three letters
- LED system from 5 locations
- The LCD screen is a little confusing
- It can be expensive
How Should You Pick Your Best Embroidery Machine for Home Business?
To choose the best embroidery machine for home business, you have to check some factors stated below:
The hoop size should be your primary consideration when deciding on the best embroidery machine for home business. There is a direct connection between the design and the hoop size.
You certainly need a wider hoop size to generate a corresponding larger design. Conversely, a smaller hoop size will suffice for smaller designs. Think about the type of projects that you are most likely to be working on and then choose the biggest hoop that is within your budget.
Keep in mind that you can do smaller designs with a larger hoop, but unfortunately, not the other way around.
Items You Want to Embroider
Next, you have to consider the items you want to embroider. Fabrics like sheets and plainclothes are easy and straightforward. They do not require too complicated embroidery devices to actualize. On the other hand, some cheaper embroidery machines may struggle with heavy fabrics (like towels or denim).
Also, items that can’t be opened flat (like caps, baby jumpers) and decorative attire are too complex to impact using regular machines. They need some complicated and very technical embroidery machines to create.
For these embroidery machines to function optimally, they’d have to share and pair their data with other similar machines. This is to ensure the seamless operations you really need for the job and save you time.
Machines with PC connectivity and SD card socket are very useful. At the minimum, you want to ensure that your machine has a USB port.
You must also factor in the kinds of materials you intend to work on. It is not any machine you pick randomly that can deal with any other type of fabric. Therefore, you have to strike a balance between the fabric you intend to use and the machine you want to acquire for the job. That may require some careful comparison of the different machines and their specification.
LCD Screen Size
To display the progress of your project, these machines depend heavily on the LCD screen. This serves as the display unit through which you can see the readings and the metrics of the occurring embroidery.
The size of the LCD screen matters as it will make it easier for you to place designs exactly where they should be. A larger and more visible one will definitely be the most preferred, but will typically cost more.
Stitches Per Minutes
The stitching speed of your machine will affect how fast you complete orders, which will in turn affect your order turnover and profitability. Therefore, you should look at getting a machine at the fastest speed possible that you can afford.
Keep in mind that you cannot speed up a slower machine, but you can slow down the speed of a machine.
Number of Needles
The most common machine can only handle one needle at one time. This will mean that you have to change colors manually by hand each time.
As a business person, this is not something you would want to experience at all, as it decreases the pace of getting the job done. Instead, you want a device that has the highest capacity for the needles you need. A multi-needle machine that changes colors by itself will certainly save your time and energy, which you can channel to growing your business.
Do you have enough space at your disposal? It is important that you settle for a machine that can fit into the spaces you have. Picking one that is too large will inconvenience you. For this to happen, you have to make out the space you have, take a measurement, and use the measurements as the base of finding the ideal machine for you.
Embroidery comes in various options, shapes, and sizes. It is necessary to find that one machine that is able to try out the many options you may have in mind. You have to sincerely assess your ability and expectations first and foremost before making a search here.
This means the frequency with which you service the machine to keep it in optimal working conditions.
Most machines come with a warranty, however, every manufacturer has its own policies and procedures. For example, some may have a requirement that repairs or services are performed by a certified agent or shop. If this is the case, your best bet is to ensure that you are in close proximity to the nearest certified agent for the brand of machine you are purchasing.
A great machine has to work for a longer period of time without being serviced every time. That is to prevent the discomforts that come with frequent breakdowns and loss of business income when the machine is sent away for repair for an extended period of time.
How Much Does It Cost to Start An Embroidery Business?
Because of the peculiarities of finances in each state, we may not be able to tell you exactly how much you need to start your home business but we can tell you just what youwill spend your money on
First And foremost, the most glaring is the cost of embroidery raw materials. You have to buy embroidery threads, get your designs and so on. And sometimes you even have to buy scarves, shirts and other materials. These costs are somewhat small, especially when you purchase in bulk.
Then there is the price of the embroidery machine. If you acquire a single embroidery machine with little built-in embroidery designs, it will be affordable; if you purchase a multi-built, computerized embroidery machine, you will spend more money. In fact, the amount for these expenses is totally up to you.
The size of labor price depends solely on your local economic development level and your demands. If you are only doing low scale family embroidery home business and you can do it yourself, then you won’t have to pay for it.
However, if you are working on a large scale home embroidery business, hiring one or two employees is necessary for you. However, how much wages you pay depends on the financial level of your local embroidery workers.
The next thing is the tax payment. Taxation is a very exasperating issue for most, and the variations between each state are essential.
Thus, before you buy your goods, you need to find out your state’s tax rate so that you could make sure that all the businesses you establish is profitable.
FAQS on Best Embroidery Machine for Home Business
Is the Embroidery Business Profitable?
The home-based embroidery business can be very lucrative. Many sewers that begin with a 15 needle embroidery device in their home end up with a four-head and much customers over time. What makes it so profitable is the low cost of embroidery supplies.
How Do I Start an Embroidery Business at Home?
It’s possible to start small with a home embroidery machine or embroidering by hand and investing in a larger machine as your business grow. Call your local government offices to find out what kind of licenses you need. File with the IRS to register your company. Find a location to work and sell your items.
How Much Can You Make with an Embroidery Business?
It’s really important however to carefully calculate your profit. Let’s say you figured out that your machine can embroider 10 logos onto polos in one hour. If you run your machine for 8 hours, that means you can make over $2,000 every day (10 x 8 x $26).
How Difficult Is Embroidery?
Learning embroidery doesn’t have to be hard, and it definitely shouldn’t feel like a huge investment of time and money. It is actually an easy and affordable hobby to jump into! To get on with it, you only need a basic pattern for beginners and a few supplies.
What Is Cheaper Embroidery or Screen Printing?
Generally, screen printing is cheaper than embroidery so it is recommended for large orders and logos. Even though screen printing works on a range of materials, it does not work well on thick or fuzzy materials, such as a fleece jacket. For these instances, embroidery might be a better option.
Final Thoughts on Best Embroidery Machine for Home Business
Setting up a home embroidery business can be very profitable and interesting, but you should figure out one thing before you go on with it. And that thing is to purchase a machine that is dependable, versatile, and fast.
Our expert review has ensured that all the models above meet your requirements and ticked the boxes. Also, all the embroidery machines in our top favorite sewing machine reviews have also proven to be very functional with their outstanding features.
So just assess your budget and make a priority list of the features you need for your project and then go for the machine that has most of them.
Best of luck as you make your choice.